Sunday, August 11, 2013

Meditation on Scripture

"For he did eat continually at the King's Table" 2 Sam 9:13

Before me thou hast spread
A table fitly laid
With every dainty food and drink 
And sumptuously arrayed -

I am not worthy Lord
Such honour to receive;
Why should I dine at the expense 
Of one I often grieve?

I have no strength to come
Unless thou raise me up;
I cannot eat nor feel at home
Unless thou with me sup.

Lord bid me come to thee
And know that love thou art;
And at thy table sit and eat 
To have in thee my part

Of that eternal bliss,
That saints enjoy above; 
Who at thy table ever sit
And drink of heavenly love.

The tree of life thou art:
O let me feed on thee!
And as I taste and take my fill
I more like Thee will be

Until at length I rise
To that great feast up there
In heaven, when Bride and Bridegroom shall
A glorious banquet share.

17/5/2011



1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Mr Morris. Good stuff.

September 11, 2013 at 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home